School History

The oldest Catholic school in Yolo County, and the third-oldest in the Sacramento region, Holy Rosary Catholic School was established in 1886 by the Holy Cross Sisters. Originally known as Holy Rosary Academy, the school was first housed in a three-story Victorian structure on Main Street.

Today, Holy Rosary School serves students in transitional kindergarten through eighth grade, and holds accreditation from the Western Association of Schools Colleges and Western Catholic Educational Association. Holy Rosary School follows the State of California common core standards for reading and math and is committed to maintaining the highest educational standards. Our strengths include a focus on language arts, reading, spelling, mathematics, religion, writing and science with an emphasis on developing critical thinking skills.

We are very proud of our school history and our integral connection to the community of Woodland!

Sacramento Diocesan Archives

Sisters of the Holy Cross

Holy Rosary School Celebrates 130 Years